When you sign up on Forge, you'll be prompted to (optionally) upload an image of yourself and complete your profile. This profile acts as a digital resume and information database for both you and your employers, as it asks you to list work history, education history, any relevant references and information about yourself such as your address.
Keeping your profile complete and accurate is important for two reasons:
- It keeps your current employer up-to-date with all the information they need to issue employment paperwork - W-2, I-9s - to you (i.e. your address, etc.).
- It notifies other business owners in the area of who you are and your valuable skillset if you're looking for additional flexible work opportunities.
To complete your Profile on your mobile device:
- Open your Forge app and select the hamburger menu bar in the left-hand corner.
- Select "Profile."
- Select on the section within your profile that you'd like to add or edit.
- Select "Save" in the top right-hand corner after filling in each section.
Note: All information added into your profile is optional and not required for the use of Forge.