Every company has specific tasks that need to get completed. These tasks can generally be categorized into a "Job Position" on Forge.
For example, if you have a job that requires folding clothes, helping answer customer questions and ring up customer purchases, you can create a "Sales Associate" position on Forge.
This position will be used to create shifts on your labor schedule AND advertise the position to prospective employees that you might ask to work at your location (see: sharing talent).
To create a position on Forge:
- Click "Create a Position"
- Enter the name of the position (ex. Sales Associate).
- Enter a more detailed description of the job.
- Enter a minimum age (if required).
- Enter a minimum amount an individual must be able to lift/carry.
- Enter the typical minimum wage for the job.
- Enter a bonus wage (optional; see: Understanding Wages).
- Adjust position visibility. Public jobs are jobs you would like to broadcast to other employers so they can ask you to share talent (i.e. Sales Associate). Private jobs are for internal use only (i.e. Manager).
- Click "Create Position"
- To create another position, click "New Position" in the top right corner and complete the same process.